Sunday, July 10, 2005

It's Glorious

It doesn't take a genius to figure out how and why I came across this, but I have to share what may be the best amazon review ever.
--------------------

It's glorious!, October 30, 2003
Reviewer: chatchi (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews

My Sasquatch-like nostrils were becoming unmanageable.

The unsightly nose hairs were so long they would sometimes get tangled, causing me extreme, eye-watering pain. During cold and flu season, it was not uncommon for me to get some "leftovers" stuck in my nose.

I needed something that could tame the beast that resided inside my nose.

I needed something that could cut through dense foliage, and not look back.

Who was up for the challenge? Not many.

I tried a number of different grooming tools, but none of them achieved the level of trimming that I desired. The "pretender groomers" (as I like to call them) would either yank out the hairs at an excruciatingly slow pace, or I would be left with stubble inside my nose. The ladies might like the "George Michael" 5 o'clock shadow, but nobody likes a 5 o'clock shadow in your nostrils.

After many failed attempts, I was convinced that there wasn't a tool available that could handle my rigorous grooming demands. I was ready to give up and resort to using my blunt, miniature scissors for the rest of my life.

And then I discovered the Panasonic Nose and Ear Hair Groomer.

This remarkable piece of equipment mows down everything in its path. No pain, minimal motor noise (for those seeking a discrete trim), and it works equally well in wet or dry conditions. So, worry not Seattle natives!

The one AA battery usually doesn't last long enough for me to complete my grooming ritual, but the 90-minute battery life should be more than sufficient for the rest of you. With an ergonomically designed stainless-steel blade that retains its sharpness, the Panasonic Nose and Ear Hair Groomer is the first and last personal groomer you will ever need.

However, I'm slightly disturbed by Amazon's option to buy it used.

Was this review helpful to you?

7 Comments:

Blogger interrobang said...

I usually just slide my razor in a circle around the inside of my nostril once in awhile. I'd like to have a tool for it, but the buzzing of the electric Mach 3 works in a pinch.

I really hate all the nose hairs, and it's only going to get worse.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I use tweezers, and nab the worst offenders as they reach the edge of my nostril.

Yes, it's painful. It reminds me that to care is to suffer.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Diablopop said...

Oddly, a lot of guys have been telling me how they manage their nose-hairs since I bought this thing. Frankly, the tweezing option terrifies me. I think I could deal with the pain, but the itchy tickle feeling is nightmarish.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

You get used to it. The worst part is if you've got one that's embedded pretty deep, pulling it out can bring on the most violent sneeze attack you'll ever know.

Totally worth it, if you ask me. Especially since I'm blonde, but my nose hairs grow thick and black. I beat those fuckers back like a goddam ninja.

5:01 PM  
Blogger interrobang said...

I like to idly pick at them at work. Beware, though: pulling one out wrong can lead to an internal-nose zit, which hurts like hell.

7:07 PM  
Blogger chatchi said...

Thanks for the plug. A friend of mine actually sent me a list of a few sites that have talked about my reviews, and your blog was on of them. Glad you enjoyed the review. You can see the rest of my reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A2928LJN5IISB4/ref=ref=cm_aya_bb_rev/002-5156629-5225602

I've also started my own blog (if you're interested) here: http://chatchi.blogspot.com

-Brian (chatchi)

12:59 PM  
Blogger Diablopop said...

Hey man, it's my pleasure. And thank you (both for the review and the trimmer).

I'll definitely keep an eye on your blog.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home